Drugs and Alcohol Tear our Families Apart
Receptionist/Administration Worker – 6 Months Maternity Leave Position
Marrin Weejali Aboriginal Corporation
Marrin Weejali provides a range of services to Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people who have alcohol or other drug/social & emotional wellbeing problems. Our staff provides counselling, treatment, harm reduction and group therapy programs for Aboriginal & Torres Strait people at risk and works with the broader community in a primary prevention role.
- Cert 3 Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum experience 2 years
Skills: The position requires the Receptionist/Administration Support Worker to:
- Exercise strong verbal and written communication skills, and listening capabilities;
- Display a calm, non-judgemental attitude to those presenting at the front desk;
- Handle several tasks at the same time, including multiple phone lines; face-to-face contact with clients, visitors and employees, as well as undertaking clerical duties;
- Use computers productively, including data base, spreadsheet and word processing software;
- Extensive data entry of client information
- Creation of client hard and soft copy files
- Prioritise duties under pressure
- Work efficiently with a range of manual and electronic office equipment;
- Be dependable and punctual
- Of dealing with vulnerable clients in a front-of-office role and in office administration.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with people with alcohol and other drug / social & emotional wellbeing problems
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and ability to communicate and negotiate sensitively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples.
At the front desk
- Make sure the front desk is attended at all times;
- Receive clients respectfully and notify counselling staff of client arrival for appointments;
- Manage staff outlook calendars
- Assist clients in making appointments
- Promptly find specialist assistance in Marrin Weejali for clients in a crisis situation
- Operate the telephone system, including taking and delivering messages promptly
The nature of this role requires an enthusiastic and intelligent individual who loves to be challenged in a role requiring a great deal of responsibility, people skills, speed and accuracy, has a natural ability to work within a team harmoniously, and demonstrates tact, discretion and utmost professionalism when communicating with others.
APPLY NOW if you feel this role is the right fit for you.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted.